Artur is a Dublin based experienced professional architectural photographer, traditional B&W film photography (and darkroom) tutor and architect.
I am focused on architecture, urban landscapes and also portraiture. My architectural background allows me to perceive surroundings in more detailed way. I compose images while walking, observing perspective, shapes, light and shadow at the same time. While my commercial photography is mostly digital from inception to completion, my entire personal work is film based and I am boundlessly devoted to traditional analogue photography. I admire endless possibilities and quality of handmade images.
Artur graduated in Architecture and Urban Design from Krakow University of Technology in 2000. He started his photography career about 7 years later. That was the moment when he decided to turn his biggest passion into a profession slowly stepping away from architectural path where he spent over 10 years. In 2011 Artur was awarded ‘Black and White Photographer of the Year’ in ‘Time’ single image category by ‘Black+White Photography’, UK based magazine and nominated in a few categories in 2012 and 2015 editions of the same competition. Since then his works have been exhibited and published number of times in Ireland, UK, Germany, France, US, Canada, Hungary and Poland.
Thank you very much for visiting my website.
Please contact me if you are interested in a session or if you have any questions related to my work.
Artur Sikora Dublin 2017
- 2017 - 3rd Place Winner in Monochrome Photography Awards 2016 international competition, Section: Professional Photographer, Category: Architecture
- 2015 - Two nominations in 'Black and White Photographer of the Year 2015' competition
- 2015 - Two Honourable Mentions in Monochrome Photography Awards 2014, Section: Professional Photographer, Category: Architecture
- 2012 - Five nominations in 'Black and White Photographer of the Year 2012' competition
- 2012 - Three nominations in The Irish Times Open House Dublin Photography Competition
- 2011 - Winner of the international competition Black and White Photographer of the Year 2011 , 'Time' single image category.
- 2011 - Five nominations in three single image categories for 'Black and White Photographer of the Year 2011'
- 2011 - 'Coffee Flavour' - Rannelagh Arts Centre Gallery, Dublin, IE
- 2016 - 'Construct: Art in Architecture', Darkroom Gallery, Essex Junction, Vermont, USA
- 2016 - 'Black and White 2016', PH21 Gallery, Budapest, Hungary
- 2015 - 'Shadow and Light', PH21 Gallery, Budapest, Hungary
- 2015 - Royal Hibernian Academy Gallery, 185th Annual Exhibition, Dublin, IE
- 2015 - 'Lines', Darkroom Gallery, Essex Junction, Vermont, USA
- 2014 - 'Streets' - SEITIES Publication, Shelf Life Books, Calgary, Canada
- 2014 - 'Illumine', Darkroom Gallery, Essex Junction, Vermont, USA
- 2012 - 'Urban Stories' as a part of 'Close to Closure' exhibition, Backloft Gallery, Dublin, IE
- 2012 - '20 x 20: Peripheries - Moments from the Side', Inspirational Arts Gallery, Dublin, IE
- 2012 - 'The Unit' - Royal Hibernian Academy Gallery, 182nd Annual Exhibition, Dublin, IE
- 2011 - 'Film House' - 'Black+White Photographer of the Year', The Printspace Gallery, London, UK
- 2011 - 'Places' [second edition] Peoples Photography Ireland 2011, Dublin, IE
- 2010 - 'Places' [first edition] Peoples Photography Ireland 2010, Dublin, IE
- 2010 - 'Modernism as a Memorial of Functionality and Form' NCAD, Dublin, IE
Publications and features:
- 2014 - 'Photographs Magazine' - fragment of 'Coffee Flavour' project (Ireland)
- 2014 - 'SEITIES' publication supporting artists working with traditional methods in photography (Canada)
- 2014 - 'Coffee Flavour' album
- 2013 - 'Le Journal de la Photographie’ - 'Unfullfield Dreams' (France)
- 2012 - 'The Irish Times' - 3 photographs from 'Unfulfilled Dreams' project (Ireland)
- 2012 - 'Actual Colours May Vary’ - fragment of 'Coffee Flavour' project (Germany)
- 2011 - 'Le Journal de la Photographie’ - fragment of 'Coffee Flavour' project (France)
- 2011 - 'B+W Photography’ magazine - ‘Film House’photograph of the year 2011 (UK)
- 2011 - 'Archipelag’ magazine - ‘Film House’ (Poland)
- 2010 - 'SOURCE Photographic Review’ - ‘Modernism as a memorial of functionality and form’ (UK)
Commercial Publications and features:
- 2017 - 'House+Design' RIAI - photographs for Brennan Furlong Architects along with their project featured in it
- 2017 - 'The Irish Times' - photographs for Brennan Furlong Architects along with their project featured in it
- 2017 - Presentation of photographs from 'Unfulfilled Dreams' series - 'Architecture from three different professional viewpoints' - lecture organised by Polish Irish Society, Dublin